Awards and Achievements
IEHP has been recognized locally and nationally for our innovation, excellence and access to care for the low-income working residents of the Inland Empire. These recognitions honor our steadfast commitment to improving access to quality, wellness-based healthcare services when and where members need it.
IEHP was the first Medicaid-only health plan in California to earn accreditation from the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) for its Medi-Cal health plan, in 2000. We have retained NCQA accreditation every year since.
Innovation Awards from DHCS
- In November 2021, IEHP received the “Innovation Award - Runner Up 2021” for the Medi-Cal PCP Auto Assignment Redesign, which focused on directing Members to Providers with higher quality scores.
- In November 2020, IEHP was awarded the prestigious California Department of Healthcare Services (DHCS) Innovation Award. The award was based on IEHP’s groundbreaking work using location intelligence to reach high-risk members and providers in geographic areas affected by power outages, wildfires, and other natural disasters. This is the fourth time the health plan has received this honor.
- In 2018, IEHP received the Innovation Award from Department of Health Care Services (DHCS), for its Housing Initiative, which provides permanent supportive housing and intensive case management services to homeless, high utilizing Members.
- In October 2017 IEHP won a California Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) Innovation Award for improving the health of low-income members through a program that coordinates their complex physical and behavioral health care needs across the healthcare system in Riverside and San Bernardino counties.
- In 2015 IEHP won the first annual Innovation Award from DHCS for its Transitional Care Program, which strives to reduce emergency room usage and curtails the re-admission rates of members recently discharged from the hospital
IEHP Receives the CORE Certification Seal
In April 2022, IEHP received the CORE Certification Seal for the Eligibility & Benefits, Claim Status, and Payment & Remittance CAQH CORE Operating Rule Sets. As a CAQH CORE-certified entity, IEHP has demonstrated that they follow a set of national operating rules and standards which improve business processes in healthcare — going above and beyond what is federally required. The CORE Seal is widely recognized as the industry gold standard.
IEHP Receives Rancho Cucamonga Fire District’s Business Partner of the Year Award
In September 2021, IEHP was awarded Business Partner of the Year by the Rancho Cucamonga Fire District at the City’s Fire and Police Recognition. The distinguished award recognizes the health plan’s partnership with the City and County of San Bernardino to host an ongoing super vaccine clinic at the health plan’s headquarters.
IEHP Receives Health Equity Award for Engaging Communication
In 2020, IEHP received the Health Equity Award for their ability to engage and connect with members via text message during Governor Newsom’s social isolation order. The award was given by mPulse Mobile, a leader in conversational AI solutions for healthcare, during their annual Activate Awards. Click here to learn more.
IEHP DualChoice Cal MediConnect Plan Earns Top Customer Satisfaction Score in the Nation
The IEHP DualChoice Cal MediConnect Plan had the third-highest score in the country in the 2016 MMP CAHPS survey from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), which assesses the experiences patients have with their health plans. In 2016 there were 40 Medicare-Medicaid Plans (MMP) in the nation (called Cal MediConnect plans in California).
Annual Excellence Award
In 2016, IEHP received the Excellence Award from the Pharmacy Benefit Management Institute (PBMI) for its Pharmacy Pay for Performance Program, which leverages IEHP network pharmacies to offer clinical education to its members.
Top Physician Satisfaction
Doctors and other medical providers ranked IEHP at or above the 90th percentile in most areas on a 2016 satisfaction survey administered by an independent survey vendor. They ranked IEHP at the:
- 99th percentile for “IEHP Compared to All Other Health Plans”
- 98th percentile for “Overall Satisfaction with Call Center Staff”
- 98th percentile for “Overall Satisfaction with Financial Services”
- 97th percentile for “Recommend IEHP to Other Physicians’ Practices”
IEHP Receives Workplace of the Year Award from Advisory Board in March 2018Inland Empire Health Plan (IEHP) has been awarded the Advisory Board 2018 Workplace of the Year Award. The annual award recognizes hospitals and health systems nationwide that have outstanding levels of employee engagement. IEHP is one of only 20 organizations nationwide to receive the award.
IEHP was voted “Favorite Overall Company to Work For,” “Favorite Training Program” and “Favorite Workplace Culture” by Los Angeles News Group Readers in the 2014 Winning Workplaces survey.
“Access to Caring” Award
IEHP was recognized for making a difference in advancing health care access and availability to people with disabilities by the Western University of Health Sciences, in 2014.
Energy Star Award for Superior Energy Performance
IEHP’s corporate headquarters (“The Atrium”) in Rancho Cucamonga, Calif. earned the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s ENERGY STAR® certification for superior energy performance in 2017, demonstrating IEHP’s commitment to continued energy savings and environmental responsibility.
“Gold Standard” Certification for Electronic Payments and Claims Processing
In 2016 IEHP achieved Phase III certification for accurate and efficient electronic provider payments and claims reconciliation from the Council for Affordable Quality Healthcare (CAQH) and the Committee on Operating Rules for Information Exchange (CORE). The voluntary certification is widely viewed as the industry “gold standard” for provider payments and claims processing.